Jr 3D Artist – Permanent
We have an exciting new opportunity for a Junior 3D artist with a keen interest in environment art and props to join us!
Based out of our sunny seaside office in the vibrant city of Brighton and Hove, you will be working on a brand new FuturLab IP!
This position is ideal for someone who is keen to have their ideas listened to and will enjoy seeing their own work highly visible within a finished product. It’s important that you are proactive, positive and care about creating high quality and fun experiences.
- Portfolio which demonstrates 3D environment and prop artwork.
- Examples of both stylized and realistic environments/props.
- Comfortable using 3DS Max, Substance Designer/Painter, Zbrush and 3d Coat.
- Proficient with hard surface and organic modelling, look dev, lighting and scene setup.
- Knowledge of creating concepts, animation, rigging, shader knowledge, scripting a bonus.
- Experience with Unity a plus.
- Willingness to listen and incorporate constructive criticism.
- Ability to stand back and criticise own work.
- Excellent communication skills with a friendly, helpful and positive demeanour.
- Primarily responsible for creating worlds and props and bringing them up to the visual target.
- Assisting with other aspects of game art when necessary, e.g. Env VFX, animation, etc.
- Ensuring that all game artwork is produced to the highest possible quality.
- Working with the Lead Artist to populate environments with assets and props.
- Working with the Producer to assign time estimates to art tasks.
FuturLab foster an inclusive and welcoming culture, we actively encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. Check out the Life at FuturLab page (www.futurlab.co.uk/life-at-futurlab) for reasons why you’d love working here!
If you have the skills, experience and passion for the role then please email your latest CV and a portfolio link to email@example.com
We typically receive a high number of applicants and therefore favour candidates who have taken the time to include a cover letter. We love hearing about you, about what makes you tick and how you meet the requirements of the role.
Sadly, candidates without a valid UK work Visa cannot be considered – FuturLab do not have a licence to sponsor candidates outside of the EU. Candidates must be willing to relocate / commute to our studio in Hove. We offer UK and EU nationals a relocation package to help move to the area.
- Competitive salary + performance related bonus.
- Generous pension scheme.
- Private healthcare.
- Relocation package.
- Staff referral bonus.
- 28 days holiday (inc. bank holidays) + 2 duvet days + 3 days office closure over Christmas.
- Friday Fun drinks.
- Regular social activities.
FuturLab are an equal opportunities employer who champion and foster diversity and inclusion. We actively encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply.
Don’t see anything for you?
We are always interested to hear from enthusastic and talented people as our needs are constantly changing.
You can email firstname.lastname@example.org with your latest CV and a link to any of your work online. Please note that we are super busy concentrating on making great games and we don’t always have the time to reply to speculative applications.
Please keep an eye on our social media channels for the latest updates.
At this time we are unable to offer any internships or work experience.
A Note To Recruiters
In the nicest way, please don’t get in touch, we’ll be in touch if we need you 🙂
Unsolicited CVs will be considered a gift.
Want To Be A Game Artist?
Read this post: Want to be a game artist?