GAME DESIGNER – 6 month contract
Come and join the Futur!
The team behind the wonderfully fun Velocity series has an exciting new opportunity for an experienced game designer to join the team on a 6 month contract.
Either joining us in our sunny seaside Brighton office or working remotely, you will be tasked with creating levels/puzzles in Unity for a very exciting and very hot licenced IP on multiple platforms.
As Game Designer you will work closely with the other designers on the project to ensure consistent and well-balanced levels. As well as working with art and code to make recommendations for improvements to the level tool.
This role is suited towards a game designer with provable experience in a game design role and a logical, yet creative mindset.
Role and responsibilities:
- Participate in all aspects of game design including level design, gameplay pacing, user-experience and difficulty curve balancing.
- Analyse and improve existing game mechanics and features based on playability and project goals.
- Ensure that the game remains faithful to the IP on which it is based.
- Work to ensure that the game is fun and accessible for new players.
- More than 3 years’ experience as an employed game designer.
- A healthy dose of common sense.
- Empathy towards the player and their needs.
- Curiosity to experiment with new mechanics.
- Methodical and logical approach to creating puzzles/strategies.
- Able and keen to seek feedback and criticism.
- Capacity to iterate many times to improve existing features.
- Excellent communication skills with a friendly and positive demeanor.
FuturLab foster an inclusive and welcoming culture, check out the Life at FuturLab page (www.futurlab.co.uk/life-at-futurlab) for reasons why you’d love working here! We strongly believe that healthy and happy teams make the best games
If you have the skills, experience and passion for the role then please get in touch as we’d love to hear from you!
Email your latest CV, cover letter and any examples of relevant work to email@example.com
- Salary dependent on experience.
- Generous pension scheme.
- Weekly Pilates class.
- 28 days holiday + 2 duvet days (pro rata).
Sadly, candidates without a valid UK work Visa cannot be considered – FuturLab do not have a licence to sponsor candidates outside of the EU.
Don’t see anything for you?
If you have an impressive portfolio of any kind, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your latest CV and a link to any of your work online, as we’re always interested to hear from enthusiastic and talented people.
At this time we are unable to offer any internships or work experience.
Please note that we’re working flat out making all kinds of awesome, and don’t always have the time to reply to speculative applications.
Essential Tips When Sending Your CV
- Spell and format our company name correctly
- Mention at least one of our games
- Mention why you think your skills will help contribute to our games.
A Note To Recruiters
In the nicest way, please don’t get in touch, we’ll be touch if we need you 🙂
Unsolicited CVs will be considered a gift.
Want To Be A Game Artist?
Read this post: Want to be a game artist?