This notice describes how FuturLab uses data from candidates we consider and/or recruit for a position at FuturLab. This includes where candidates visit FuturLab websites and job boards or otherwise engage with FuturLab recruitment processes, or when FuturLab proactively sources potential candidates (“FuturLab Recruitment”).
and as further detailed below.
A. Data We Collect
FuturLab collects your data as follows:
- Name, e-mail address, CV/resume and any other information you submit when engaging with FuturLab Recruitment.
- Information provided to us by third parties, for example, LinkedIn, if you choose to share your details using these services;
- Information we collect using Google Analytics cookies, see below.
- [Your contact details, resume, job and education history, endorsements and interests from third party publicly available sources, such as LinkedIn, and third-party recruitment platforms that collate this information from publicly available sources.]
- [Information about your gender or gender identity for statistical purposes only that is not taken into consideration by FuturLab in its employment decisions. You will not be subject to any adverse treatment as a result of the answers provided or any decision not to answer.]
[Accompanying materials: Should you submit examples of your work (“Materials”) with any communication to FuturLab we will use your data only for evaluation purposes and will not distribute any copies of the Material to any third parties unless we have your prior permission. We will return or destroy all copies of your Materials upon completion of our review or upon your earlier request. FuturLab continually develops new products and concepts internally, and we also regularly receive other submissions for consideration. These products or concepts that FuturLab develops internally or that others submit may be similar to your Materials. As a result, we cannot agree to treat as confidential any Materials you submit, even if it is marked as confidential or proprietary. Our acceptance or review of your Materials does not imply that we will use, develop or market your Materials. Nor does our review of your Materials prevent us from using, developing, or marketing technologies, concepts or products that may be similar in concept to your Materials.]
C. How We Use Data
FuturLab uses your data to:
- Provide the FuturLab Recruitment.
- Manage your relationship with us.
- Contact you (including by email) about suitable job opportunities as they arise.
- Assess your eligibility for available positions at FuturLab.
- Process your job application(s).
- Invite you to FuturLab recruitment events (including by email).
- In aggregate and anonymous form only, facilitate Futurlab’s business planning, analysis of hire trends and for internal data reporting purposes.
You can opt out of receiving email newsletters from FuturLab at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the email or contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
D. Legal Basis For Processing
FuturLab relies on a number of legal grounds to process your personal data. For example, we will process your data where we have your consent, where we have a legitimate interest to do so (and that legitimate interest is not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms), where the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with you, or where we have a legal obligation to process your data. If you wish to learn more about the specific legal ground(s) on which we rely to process your data for any particular purpose, please contact us at email@example.com.
E. Where We Hold Your Data
F. Data We Share With Third Parties
We will not share data that directly identifies you with independent third parties without your consent, unless such disclosure is:
- in response to lawful requests by public bodies, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements;
- otherwise required by law;
- reasonably necessary to enforce our policies, procedures, rights, property or operations or to protect our employees, players or third parties;
- reasonably necessary in the event of a reorganization, merger, sale or bankruptcy.
We may use third party suppliers to process your personal data on our behalf. It is our responsibility to ensure that such suppliers protect your data in accordance with the provisions of this notice.
Where personal data is transferred to third parties in accordance with this notice, FuturLab remains liable for treatment of your personal data (including any onward transfers made according to relevant laws).
G. How We Protect Your Data
FuturLab treats data security seriously and takes a range of technical and organizational measures to help protect your personal data, such as encryption of data in transit (HTTPS) and at rest. However, FuturLab cannot guarantee the security of data you send over the internet.
H. How Long Does FuturLab Retain Your Data?
We will only retain personal data for as long as reasonably necessary to comply with the law and/or where there is a legitimate business purpose to retain it. Generally FuturLab retains your data for as needed to provide FuturLab Recruitment, plus a reasonable period of time in order to respond to recruitment inquiries, to deal with any legal matters (e.g. judicial or disciplinary actions), or to comply with archiving requirements or statutory limitations.
Any Materials will be returned or destroyed upon completion of our review or upon your earlier request. See below for details of how to request deletion your personal data.
I. Your Rights
Where we rely on consent to collect and use information about you, you can withdraw your consent at any time.
If your personal data is deleted, you will not be considered for an available position at FuturLab unless you submit your information through another means. Should you wish to delete your data, FuturLab may still be required to retain certain data for legal or administrative reasons. For example, FuturLab may require some personal data to resolve disputes, protect our legal rights, and comply with technical and legal requirements and constraints related to the security, integrity and operation of our business. We will however only retain personal data for as long as reasonably necessary to comply with the law and run our business.
To request access any other personal data we hold about you, you can also send us an email headed “Subject Access Request” at [webmaster@Futurlab.co.uk].
Similarly, you may write to this email if you wish to request to correct, update or delete your information. Before we process any request, we may ask you for certain personal information to verify your identity.
J. Contact Us
FuturLab Limited is data controller of personal information processed by FuturLab in respect of FuturLab Recruitment. FuturLab Limited is a limited company registered in England under company number 04961083, whose registered address is FuturLab Limited, Preston Park House, South Road, Brighton, East Sussex, UK, BN1 6SB, and whose main trading address is, FuturLab Limited, 8th Floor, Intergen House, 65-67 Western Road, Hove, East Sussex UK.